Cheadle Medical Practice

0161 983 9090

How To Register

We have an open list and welcome requests for registration from patients living in or moving to the practice area.

Please download our Patient Welcome Leaflet here

You can register by either:

completing the form online

Sorry our online form is down for maintenance – this will be replaced soon.

or downloading and printing the forms

download and print a registration form and a Registration Pack here.

You will need to complete these by hand and bring to the surgery.

or collecting forms from reception

Registration packs and forms are also available from reception.

Patients over 15 years old will be required to have a new patient medical with our health care assistant in order to be fully registered with the practice. The health care assistant will take your medical history, medication details, blood pressure, height and weight and refer you to the doctor or nurse if necessary. Medication will not be issued to patients until they have seen a doctor.

Medical treatment is available from the date of registration. Please contact reception for further information.

You will have a named, accountable doctor who is responsible for coordinating your care. You can still talk to or make appointments to see any of our doctors or nurses, not just your named GP.

Temporary patients

If you are not registered with a GP you will be unable to see one unless you have a serious emergency. In most other cases, calling 111 is a better option.

If you are not registered with a GP but need treatment at a GP Surgery you will need to complete a temporary registration form.

You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months. This will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP. After three months you will have to re-register as a temporary patient or permanently register with that practice.

Click here for further information on the NHS website

Non-English speakers

For information in all languages regarding NHS services, please go to the NHS website.