Cheadle Medical Practice


The NHS provides essential treatments needed to keep your mouth, teeth and gums healthy and free of pain. Any treatment that is clinically necessary should be available. Here is some advice and details of the treatments and costs, giving you the knowledge to smile with confidence.

If you have pain in your mouth, teeth or gums, you will need to contact a dentist. We will not be able to help.

Ideally you should contact your regular dentists, if you have one. If they’re closed, or you do not have a regular dentist, call the Greater Manchester Urgent Dental Care Service on 0333 332 3800. Please be aware this service is very busy so you may need to wait, and they cannot provide routine check-ups. The service is available from 8am-10pm every day, including weekends and bank holidays. When you call, you will be assessed by a healthcare professional who can provide self-care advice or book a face-to-face appointment, if needed.

You can access this service in a number of locations across Greater Manchester. Choose the one that is most convenient for you, but it’s unlikely to be your regular dental practice.

Did you know, patients are not registered with a dentist in the same way as they are with a GP. So if you need a check-up or dental treatment, you can go to a practice outside your local community.

To find a dental practice, click here.

Date published: 10th May, 2022
Date last updated: 28th October, 2023